Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Have You Seen My Barbie?

Maureen Dowd just depresses me.  Here she is, writing for a widely read platform and in possession of a rather highly functioning brain, and she uses both to no affective end.

If you check out the articles she's written in the last month, some, by their headlines alone, are so painfully vapid that you find yourself simultaneously wondering if you need a manicure:  "The Carla Effect," "An Ideal Husband," "No Ice Cream, Senator?" and finally today's "May We Mock, Barack."  And in mentally multi-tasking, you don't miss a word of her column.

In today's missive, she seems somehow wounded that Sen. Obama cannot be made fun of and admonishes that this will have some detriment to his campaign and presidency.

Joe Klein from Time's political blog Swampland said it best about today's Dowd column:
This is a really, really serious problem. I mean, if Obama is elected, she might have to start writing about...universal health insurance or alternative energy sources.
I've said it before, I'm saying it now and I'll probably say it again...Honestly, Maureen.

No comments:

Post a Comment