Friday, November 07, 2008

Those Who Don't Learn From History...

This is why I don't watch talking heads on television.  Clips like this are about all I can take.



I hope Chris Matthews, who is and has been, clearly enamored of Obama, is just not explain himself well.  I don't see it as a journalist's job to make an Obama presidency work.  That's President Obama's job.

I think what Matthews is trying to say, badly, is that parsing Rahm Emanuel's reasons for equivocation in front of cameras about Obama's offer to be Chief of Staff of the White House is not the job of journalists.  Chris just likes Obama...a lot.

Joe Scarborough now tells us that journalism made a huge mistake in its selling of the war in Iraq in 2002.  A little late, but he's right; blind PR for an Obama presidency, any presidency for that matter, does not serve the country.  I would add that it should no longer be journalism's job to put forth frivolous insubstantial "criticisms" based on how someone is saying something rather than what is being said.

No comments:

Post a Comment