Monday, November 17, 2008

Imagine Them Being Them At The Corner

I read The Corner, National Review Online's conservative group blog, but it is no easy task.  They can be the "base" the Republican Party genuflects to and they can be the intelligentsia the Republican Party needs.  I've learned from reading The Corner that The Right is not monolithic.

One thing most noticeable about The Corner is that they just hate Barack Obama.  No.  Hate may be too strong a word for most of them.  They are not impressed.

My immediate reaction to their not being impressed is admittedly racially paranoid.  I really do believe that if you take the same Barack Obama and the only changes to him was he was white and his name was Bob Miller, these guys and many others would be kvelling at what an impressive guy he was.  They may not agree with his politics, but there would be nothing but respect.

That can never be proved.

So I read The Corner...so you don't have to!  I also stick my nose in at Free Republic where the Freepers run wild.  Believe me.  You don't want to go there unless you have to.

Here, at The Corner, is Byron York completely missing the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment