Sunday, November 16, 2008

I'm Standing Right Here

Not that I am particularly anxious for the GOP to get its bearings any time soon, but this clip is telling about what is wrong with the party.



The country is different than it was during the heyday of the GOP.  Yet, they are still clinging (yeah, I said "clinging") to these ideals they speak of.  Pat Buchanan, who I think is one of those racists who are perfectly fine with being so, sets forth the old party line.  Mike Paul, republican strategist, offers up new thinking, and Buchanan can barely speak of it.

On election night, as me and my two friends looked at the electoral map of blue and red, red dominating the South, including Louisiana and Mississippi, two states the GOP watched drown, we all said the same thing..."Slave states."  Their Southern Strategy of appealing to older male white conservatives disdainful of the colored people, is a losing proposition.  I will go out on a limb and say that in 2012, if Obama has his game as tight as this election, more of those states (in addition to Virginia, North Carolina and Florida) will go blue as well, particularly if the GOP has old southern white male conservatives stuck in the glory days calling the plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment