Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Please Vote No on Prop 8

This funny video is way down on this blog, but I thought it important to repost.  The California Supreme Court cited Loving v. Virginia in its ruling that struck down the ban for same sex marriage.  Loving v. Virginia struck down miscegenation laws -- laws making interracial marriage a crime.  I concur with the California Supreme Court.  I see it as a civil rights issue; one that, to me, is directly on point with Loving v. Virginia.  Adults should decide who they love and who they wish to commit to, in front of the world with the benefits and sorrows that it entails.

Religion is a personal issue and has no part in civil discourse of a contract.

Those who set forth the concept that part of the reason for marriage is to propagate the species and gay people cannot do that, I would counter that women and men who are infertile or are senior citizens or disabled in ways that make procreation impossible cannot either.  Should they not be able to marry?  I urge you to vote no on Prop 8.

Not Safe For Work.


No comments:

Post a Comment