Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Asked and Answered

This exchange below between a plumber and Sen. Obama is impressive.



Since I have absolutely no head for numbers, much of this went over my head.  I just pay my bills every month.  That Obama has an answer to a specific question by a voter knocks my socks off.  He doesn't issue platitudes; he answers this gentleman's question.

In Sen. Obama's acceptance speech at the DNC, he put forth the case for liberal thinking.  You work hard until you get in a position to be able to kick in more...to help those who are in the position you were in when you started out.  As a wage slave, I've never begrudged someone driving their Mercedes; I just don't want them to make it hard for me to have my Camry.

I'm trying to be equitable, here, but I cannot imagine Sen. McCain or Gov. Palin answering this man in this fashion.  President Bush, of course, would be completely in the weeds.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:09 PM

    Durn, I wish this went over my head. But today is Black Weds, the final final day to file taxes if you filed an extension, and I'm taking a freaking bloodbath. Can't afford to make more money, can't afford to pay my taxes with the money I make. I'll 'splain it to you sometime, Lucy, like I 'spained it to anon b-i-l this morn

    ReplyDelete