Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Dug Up A Diamond

I found this out on the internets.  My sentiments as well.
For such a time as this...
On the day that marks the embodiment of the spirit of a King in the person of an Obama,
Even as that spirit converges with the fury of Katrina embodied in Gustav and Hanna.

Today, for the first time, I cried through all verses of the Star Spangled Banner, America the Beautiful, and Born in the USA.
Today, for the first time, I cried through the Pledge of Allegiance, because today for the first time I feel that America's allegiance fully extends to me.
Today, for the first time, I feel fully an heir to the American promise.

May God make me a living memorial to the hope of this day, and make me a vessel to carry that memorial to my grandchildren's grandchildren.
May God lay his hand of protection on the Gulf, and Obama, and each and every American.
God Bless America, as he has blessed me to see this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment