Saturday, August 23, 2008

Blogging Is Easy; Commenting Is Hard

Yeah.  Been away.  Not good for building a base.  Frankly, I got disheartened with the political landscape.  The lay of the land was foggy and shallow.  The back and forth over things that have nothing to do with the fact that I'm making more money than I have ever before, but it is being eaten up by the high cost of, well, everything.  I'm in my 50s and really no better off than I was in my 30s.  I'm by myself.  I don't know how people with families make ends meet.  I cannot imagine how difficult for those who have children.

I've watched the campaign that I was so obsessed with become full of lies and rhetoric and pettiness and it discouraged me.  Plus, I've made a few comments at sites I admire only to have them deleted or not show up at all.  I'm not a troll but apparently I am.  Of course, it could be my online name, the same as this blog, that is the problem.  Ah, well.  So, I laid low for a bit.

Comments are a funny thing.  I wrote a piece for an online newspaper once about a comment war that broke out at Gawker.  Honestly, I cannot believe how people speak to each other through the anonymity.  The invectives flying around would never be hurled in real life.  And the personal attacks...  Whoo boy.  I'm putting myself on a self-imposed exile of Jezebel because them bitches is mean just to be so.

I'll stick to blogging, methinks.  You never know if comments are shitty or real.  No matter.  I would never hurl comments at someone I don't know in person and I certainly don't do it in comment sections.  I'll just keep my inanity here to not be read by anyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment