Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Heart Of The Matter

When asked about the AIG bailout, Gov. Sarah Palin responded:
Dissapointed that taxpayers are called upon to bailout another one. Certainly AIG though with the construction bonds that they’re holding and with the insurance that they are holding very, very impactful to Americans so you know the shot that has been called by the Feds its understandable but very, very disappointing that taxpayers are called upon for another one.
Huh? This from a person who claims the teleprompter was down and she had to wing it at the Republican National Convention? No, Gov. Palin. I don't believe that one, either.

I'm not one to snipe at Gov. Palin for her vagina alone. I've got one. It's kind of cool and comes in handy. I know its power and resilience, though my childless ass doesn't know from resilience like a mother of five does. Nonetheless, that she is a woman is no more important than Sen. Clinton is a woman or Sen. Obama is black or Sen. Biden can be tactless or Sen. McCain is old(er). These assignments mean nothing regarding the personage necessary to lead our country to what it should and can be. It's the character, wisdom, strength, intelligence, respect and most importantly leadership, that will get us there.

So, here I snipe at Gov. Palin, the person; the human being. Not because she's a woman, but because she did not put the good of her country before her ambition. Not because she is a woman but because she is woefully unprepared. Not because she is a woman but because her ill-conceived ambition for this office has prevented her from seeing or admitting how very unprepared she is. She and Sen. McCain have no problem putting the country in the position of what amounts to offering her a civic internship. They should both know better than to bandy such a cavalier front in this precarious world. "Thanks, but no thanks" indeed. This is not a game.

That's not to say that she would never be prepared, though by the above quote, I wonder. In light of all that I'm learning about her, I don't believe I could ever vote for her. However, was she more than gratuitous, I would at least take her seriously. More importantly, I would believe she took me, the voter, seriously as well.

Cross-posted to Attackerman.

No comments:

Post a Comment