Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oh, To Have Been In That Line

I saw this early Tuesday night but decided instead to write about Silly Williams.  Gah!  Now it's everywhere and I could have been first.  No matter.  It's amazing nonetheless.

Celebrities!  They're just like US!  This is exactly how I would have been.  Except I'm not sure I'd be able to be so casual.  I'd be amazed if I could squeak out a sound.

Commenter Bruce at TNC (where I lurk in the a.m.) has said:
The prez has a swagger about him in this setting...He's usually more low-key in political settings but the way he greeted the "hip-hop bourgeoisie" is kind of telling.
I think I know what he means, but I've asked first since it does no good to assume.

Waiting.

Well, I'm glad I asked.  Bruce hasn't exactly said what it tells, but I think he chose the wrong adjective.  It seems Pres. Obama's behavior around the "hip-hop bourgeoisie" is comfortable, at ease, and something to admire...I think that's what he means.

No comments:

Post a Comment