Monday, June 23, 2008

Upcoming

It was hot in the valley this weekend and except for a few necessary things, I got nothing done.  Slaving over my hot laptop wasn't one of the things I could find it in myself to do.  I tried going to my local air conditioned coffee shop to write, but the music was blaring and people were talking, and kids were running around like it was Chuck E. Cheese's.  It wasn't conducive to my writing regimen.

There are a couple of things I want to address, though.  I had a reader send me an email requesting that I write about the Crazy Teenage Knock-Up Coven.  I also want to address the FISA issue, not so much to pontificate on, but to explain it to myself and to you.  I think it's an important turning point in the election, particularly if Sen. Obama is your candidate of choice.  A lot of people feel betrayed by the Senator, including perhaps MoveOn.org -- they've called on the Senator to support a filibuster.  I'm sure it's one of many turning points between now and the election.  It's going to be a bumpy ride, methinks.

Also, feel free to e-mail me via the link in my User Profile if you have any questions or comments you don't feel comfortable leaving in the comments section.  You see what I did there?  I write this like I've got the NYT readership?  I'ma gonna act like I do.

Check out some of my links.  There was some good writing over the weekend, particularly my blog crush, Ta-Nehisi Coates.  My other blog crush The Corsair continues his crush on Jim Webb for VP.  ThickWitness has Adam Mansbach's review of John McWhorter's new book.  It's a riot.  As always, national security big brain Spencer Ackerman  and his equally brainy fellow blogger Matthew Yglesias are always worth a read.

Catch you on the other side of my soul-sucking day job.

No comments:

Post a Comment